Home > Web Business Courses
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Introduction (1 day)
- Price : £195 + VAT
- Level : Introduction
- Version : N/A
- Venue : City Centre, Nottingham
- Duration : 1 day
- Times : 9:30am - 4:30pm
This one day trainer-led course looks at optimising your website with suggestions and useful tips that you can adopt to help the pages of your website achieve better organic ranking.
|Search Engine Optimisation SEO (1 day)A 1 day, Search Engine Optimisation SEO training course hosted in Nottingham, East Midlands.EventScheduled£195Book Now3||3rd June 2016||Nottingham, East Midlands, UK||1||0 left||finished|
|Search Engine Optimisation SEO (1 day)A 1 day, Search Engine Optimisation SEO training course hosted in Nottingham, East Midlands.EventScheduled£195Book Now1||28th September 2016||Nottingham, East Midlands, UK||1||0 left||finished|
|Search Engine Optimisation SEO (1 day)A 1 day, Search Engine Optimisation SEO training course hosted in Nottingham, East Midlands.EventScheduled£195Book Now3||17th March 2017||Nottingham, East Midlands, UK||1||0 left||finished|
This course includes
- 1 day trainer led in small groups (typical maximum 6)
- Your own printed course notes
- Course files & exercises to take away
- Professional environment with high spec computers
- Refreshments throughout the day
- Lunch provided
- Printed course certificate
- Post course support via email
Need more traffic to your website but don't want to pay for it? Organic search engine optimisation (SEO) is the most cost effective route to sustainable increases in visitors/enquires/sales.
Our courses are run with a very small number of delegates which enables us to look at your individual website(s) and highlight the areas that are important to ensuring the success of your business online.
You will leave with practical suggestions and useful tips that you can adopt straight away to help the pages of your website achieve better organic ranking and make your online business more successful.
This one day SEO course covers:
- How Google indexes your pages & ranking factors
- Logical, simple rules to apply to on page content and meta data
- How to present your pages for indexing in Google and which pages to keep out of the index
This course is suitable for delegates of every level of experience from website owners with no coding experience to web developers of long experience.
It would be an advantage, although not a pre-requisite, for delegates to have registered and verified their websites in Google Search Console (previously Google Webmaster Tools).
Every delegate will leave the course with a list of practical suggestions, a 'to do' list, to pass on to their web developer or to implement themselves.
Most website owners and many web developers are unaware of the simple on-page Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) techniques for getting web pages to rank well organically in Google's search engines results pages. Traffic from Google organic search is free of charge. By undertaking regular SEO reviews and maintenance, this organic traffic can be an invaluable contributor to overall website traffic for many years to come.
Furthermore, the way that a website is set up, the hosting environment and modern technologies used in today's open source content managed systems (CMS) can bring problems of their own. This comprehensive one-day course will teach you the methods of ensuring that Google indexes only the pages that you want it to, and, just as importantly, ignores the remainder.
In modern SEO terms 'Content is King' and we look at how much on-page text you need on a page for Google to decide that your web pages are serious about a subject, along with:
- The importance of keyword selection and allocation of keywords to supporting pages of your website
- An explanation of the HTML structure of a web page and what Google looks for
- The impact of different web technologies and open source platforms on SEO
- Using page titles and meta data, including the canonical meta tag, effectively
- Website layouts, main navigation, and sub-directories
- Semantic mark-up, the hierarchy of headings, paragraphs and the attractiveness of lists
- Image optimisation and the power of the alternative image attribute
- Google Search Console (previously Webmaster Tools) and how it can assist you
- The value of sitemaps, image sitemaps and video sitemaps
- Structured data, rich data format and rich snippeting
This is a hands on course with practical exercises to complete throughout the day, but in the afternoon particularly delegates will have time to explore the structure and SEO potential of their own websites with individual support from the trainer. At the end of the session you will leave with a range of practical suggestions and tips to improve the ranking of your website's pages and ideas for making the most of SEO.
The course covers the following areas :
- Basic setup
- HTML structure of a web page
- Accessibility of search engines
- Selecting relevant keyphrases
- What Google wants
- Page content, titles and meta descriptions
- Website structure, navigation and image optimisation
- The importance of Mobile friendliness
- How Search Console can help
- Understand basic SEO
- A prioritised 'to do' list for your site
- Tips for future SEO reviews
"Knowledgable Google trainer and the opportunity to apply theory in a practical way during the course. We're now measuring our KPIs."- Stuart @ Brett Landscaping
"I found the Google course very useful and have been able to implement some of the ideas. It is a very useful tool to be able to analyse most of the marketing procedures in detail."- Carrie @ Streets Heaver
Gavin has been involved in Internet Marketing since 1999. He is a director of Optillion Limited an East Midlands based Internet Marketing and Search Engine Optimisation company dealing with a wide variety of clients from voluntary organisations to SMEs to multinational corporations.
Optillion run Adwords on a daily basis for 20+ clients from many Industry sectors and spend over £30,000/month on their behalf maximising ROI whilst imposing strict budgetary controls.
You may wish to log into your Google Search Console, so please ensure you bring your logins with you if necessary.
No programming or design software will be used on this course but you may choose to use Microsoft Word for note taking during the session.
This SEO training course is run from our rooms at Cumberland House in Nottingham, located in the city's main commercial district. These are serviced by a state-of-the-art tram system allowing easy access to the city centre as well as direct hourly rail services from London, Liverpool, Manchester, Birmingham, Derby and Leicester.
Please note that all course prices exclude VAT.