Home > Web Business Courses
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Introduction (1 day)
This one day trainer-led SEO course looks at search engine optimisation techniques and provides useful suggestions to help your website achieve better organic ranking. This course is aimed at marketers, business staff and web desingers looking to improve their site's performance.
Our top priority is your safety. Courses will be limited to 4 delegates per session with strict social distancing restrictions in place. The University have put in special measures to ensure all areas within our building are sanitised regularly. Special attention is paid to the cleaning of desks, chairs, screens, keyboards, mousemats and mice.
Due to the situation, the on-site restaurant is not yet open, so we are unable to provide catered lunches until further notice. We encourage you to bring lunch and refreshments, although we will have drinks and refreshments available with a good supply of hand sanitiser and antibacterial wipes.
Click here to see our full Covid-19 Secure statement.
- Price : £245 + VAT
- Level : Introduction
- Version : N/A
- Venue : Jubilee Campus, Nottingham
- Duration : 1 day
- Times : 9:30am - 4:30pm
This one day trainer-led course looks at optimising your website with suggestions and useful tips that you can adopt to help the pages of your website achieve better results.
|East Midlands, UK||1||3 left||finished|
|East Midlands, UK||1||2 left||finished|
|East Midlands, UK||1||6 left||finished|
This SEO course includes
- 1 day trainer led in small groups
- Your own printed course notes
- Course files & exercises to take away
- Choice of PC or Mac for training
- Professional environment with high spec computers
- Refreshments throughout the day
- Lunch provided
- Printed course certificate
- Post course support via email
Need more traffic to your website but don't want to pay for it? Organic search engine optimisation (SEO) is the most cost effective route to sustainable increases in visitors/enquires/sales.
Our courses are run with a very small number of delegates which enables us to look at your individual website(s) and highlight the areas that are important to ensuring the success of your business online.
You will leave with practical suggestions and useful tips that you can adopt straight away to help the pages of your website achieve better organic ranking and make your online business more successful.
This one day SEO course covers:
- How Google indexes your pages & ranking factors
- Logical, simple rules to apply to on page content and meta data
- How to present your pages for indexing in Google and which pages to keep out of the index
This course is suitable for delegates of every level of experience from website owners with no coding experience to web developers of long experience.
It would be an advantage, although not a pre-requisite, for delegates to have registered and verified their websites in Google Search Console (previously Google Webmaster Tools).
Every delegate will leave the course with a list of practical suggestions, a 'to do' list, to pass on to their web developer or to implement themselves.
Most website owners and many web developers are unaware of the simple on-page Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) techniques for getting web pages to rank well organically in Google's search engines results pages. Traffic from Google organic search is free of charge. By undertaking regular SEO reviews and maintenance, this organic traffic can be an invaluable contributor to overall website traffic for many years to come.
Furthermore, the way that a website is set up, the hosting environment and modern technologies used in today's open source content managed systems (CMS) can bring problems of their own. This comprehensive one-day course will teach you the methods of ensuring that Google indexes only the pages that you want it to, and, just as importantly, ignores the remainder.
In modern SEO terms 'Content is King' and we look at how much on-page text you need on a page for Google to decide that your web pages are serious about a subject, along with:
- The importance of keyword selection and allocation of keywords to supporting pages of your website
- An explanation of the HTML structure of a web page and what Google looks for
- The impact of different web technologies and open source platforms on SEO
- Using page titles and meta data, including the canonical meta tag, effectively
- Website layouts, main navigation, and sub-directories
- Semantic mark-up, the hierarchy of headings, paragraphs and the attractiveness of lists
- Image optimisation and the power of the alternative image attribute
- Google Search Console (previously Webmaster Tools) and how it can assist you
- The value of sitemaps, image sitemaps and video sitemaps
- Structured data, rich data format and rich snippeting
This is a hands on course with practical exercises to complete throughout the day, but in the afternoon particularly delegates will have time to explore the structure and SEO potential of their own websites with individual support from the trainer. At the end of the session you will leave with a range of practical suggestions and tips to improve the ranking of your website's pages and ideas for making the most of SEO.
SEO Course Highlights
The course covers the following areas :
- Basic setup
- HTML structure of a web page
- Accessibility of search engines
- Selecting relevant keyphrases
- What Google wants
- Page content, titles and meta descriptions
- Website structure, navigation and image optimisation
- The importance of Mobile friendliness
- How Search Console can help
- Understand basic SEO
- A prioritised 'to do' list for your site
- Tips for future SEO reviews
SEO Course Feedback - 4.7 out of 5.0 stars
"I enjoyed the flow of the courses. It was clear from the beginning what we were going to cover. - Bjorn, Gavin & Paul were wonderful trainers & their knowledge was second to none. I really enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere where no question is a stupid question!" - Sarah @ Brett Landscaping
" - The course was very well put together and provided all the information and answers I'd been looking for. It helped bring everything together that I had learnt prior to the course and I will now be able to go away and confidently implement the techniques." - Carrie @ Streets Heaver
"A diverse and up to date view of SEO. Doesn’t require a programming background to follow the course. - Interesting course with very useful content that was made easier to understand by the real life examples that Gavin user. Gavin is clearly a real expert in this field." - Neil
Gavin has been involved in Internet Marketing since 1999. He is a director of Optillion Limited an East Midlands based Internet Marketing and Search Engine Optimisation company dealing with a wide variety of clients from voluntary organisations to SMEs to multinational corporations.
Optillion run Adwords on a daily basis for 20+ clients from many Industry sectors and spend over £30,000/month on their behalf maximising ROI whilst imposing strict budgetary controls.
You may wish to log into your Google Search Console, so please ensure you bring your logins with you if necessary.
No programming or design software will be used on this course but you may choose to use Microsoft Word for note taking during the session.
This SEO training course is run from our rooms on Jubilee Campus in Nottingham, which is part of the University of Nottingham's Innovation Park. These are serviced by a state-of-the-art tram system allowing easy access to the city centre as well as direct hourly rail services from London, Liverpool, Manchester, Birmingham, Derby and Leicester.
Please note that all course prices exclude VAT.