Home > Web Business Courses
Getting Started with Google Analytics (1 day)
- Price : £175 + VAT
- Level : Introduction
- Version : Google Analytics
- Venue : City Centre, Nottingham
- Duration : 1 day
- Times : 9:30am - 4:30pm
This one day trainer-led course looks at Google's leading statistical package and gets you familiar with the day to day tasks involved in monitoring and maintaining your own website's performance.
|Getting Started with Google Analytics (1 day)A 1 day, Getting Started with Google Analytics training course hosted in Nottingham, East Midlands.EventScheduled£175Book Now0||24th March 2017||Nottingham, East Midlands, UK||1||0 left||finished|
|Getting Started with Google Analytics (1 day)A 1 day, Getting Started with Google Analytics training course hosted in Nottingham, East Midlands.EventScheduled£175Book Now2||19th May 2017||Nottingham, East Midlands, UK||1||0 left||finished|
|Getting Started with Google Analytics (1 day)A 1 day, Getting Started with Google Analytics training course hosted in Nottingham, East Midlands.EventScheduled£175Book Now6||11th September 2017||Nottingham, East Midlands, UK||1||6 left||book now|
This course includes
- 1 day trainer led in small groups (typical maximum 6)
- Your own printed course notes
- Professional environment with high spec computers
- Refreshments throughout the day
- Lunch provided
- Printed course certificate
- Post course support via email
Many major corporations no longer have management meetings, they now have Google Analytics meetings. The web is the most important part of their business and the pulse of the business is measured using Google Analytics.
This Google Analytics training course is run with a small group of businesses, which enables us to look at your individual account and provide professional help to individual delegates. You will leave with endless practical suggestions for making the most of your Google Analytics account.
- How Google Analytics works and how it collects its data
- Getting everything set up correctly
- How to use Google Analytics as a collaborative tool to suit your business
By the end of this Google Analytics course you will be able to:
- Confidently find your way around the Analytics interface
- Understand and manage the hierarchy of account, property and views
- Set up Goals, Events, Filters and Funnels
- Give colleagues access to the views which mean most to them
- Identify KPIs relevant to your company
- Find the standard reports that are most important to driving your company forwards
We recommend you already have your Google Analytics account set up and the tracker code installed on your website before coming on the course. We also recommend you bring your login with you so you can access your account during the session.
We are aware that Google is increasingly using two-step verification to protect access to your account when logging in at an unfamiliar IP address. Please find out whose telephone will receive the SMS with the security PIN, forewarn them of your course attendance and bring their telephone number with you.
This course is aimed at businesses that are either new to Google Analytics or businesses with Analytics already set up but not really making the most of it.
A sweeping generalisation, but SMEs tend to fall into either "information overload" or "not making it much beyond the dashboard" when it comes to using Google Analytics, and unfortunately neither are helpful to a business. With this in mind we start the course by looking at the interface, dashboard and basic settings. We look at which screens are typically more important, and show you where and how to set up filters, funnels and goals to measure those all important conversion rates.
We look at the process by which we capture searchers who may know nothing about the existence of your company, how to get them to your website and, more importantly, how to draw them through your website to a conclusion which is beneficial to your company, be it an enquiry, a newsletter sign-up, to fill in a contact form or make a sale.
- An introduction to the dashboard and the Analytics user interface
- How Google Analytics works and what its limits are
- How to set up filters to filter out internal users and non-target traffic
- How to set up events and goals to measure conversion rates
- How to set up funnels to identify user behaviour
- Which marketing channels are more successful at bringing conversions
- How to save, download and e-mail reports and share your views with colleagues
- Identify the main standard reports that will be most important to measure success
Throughout the day the course is very hands on, but particularly in the afternoon when delegates will have time to explore their own Analytics accounts with individual support from the trainer. At the end of the session you will leave with a range of practical ideas for making the most of your Google Analytics.
The course covers the following areas :
- Getting set up
- Analytics fundamentals
- The tracking code and how it works
- Setting up filters, events and goals
- Analysing the data
- Understanding the dashboard and interface
- Choosing the right statistics for your company
- Understanding the value of events, goals and conversions as KPIs
- Measuring which marketing channels are best at providing conversions
- Using reports
- Running the standard reports which most suit your business
- Creating online content that retains visitors
- Interpreting report data
"Knowledgable Google trainer and the opportunity to apply theory in a practical way during the course. We're now measuring our KPIs."- Stuart @ Brett Landscaping
"I found the course very useful and have been able to implement some of the ideas. It is a very useful tool to be able to analyse most of the marketing procedures in detail."- Carrie @ Streets Heaver
"It was informative, a good refresher, clear course materials, friendly trainer and the lunch voucher was a nice touch."- Neale @ EIBS Digital
Paul has been involved in Internet Marketing since 1999. He is a director of Optillion Limited an East Midlands based Internet Marketing and Search Engine Optimisation company dealing with a wide variety of clients from voluntary organisations to SMEs to multinational corporations.
Optillion run Adwords on a daily basis for 20+ clients from many Industry sectors and spend over £30,000/month on their behalf maximising ROI whilst imposing strict budgetary controls.
We will be logging into the Google Analytics accounts so please ensure you bring your logins with you.
No programming or design software will be used on this workshop but you may choose to use Microsoft Word for note taking during the session.
This Google Analytics course is run from our rooms at Cumberland House in Nottingham, located in the city's main commercial district. These are serviced by a state-of-the-art tram system allowing easy access to the city centre as well as direct hourly rail services from London, Liverpool, Manchester, Birmingham, Derby and Leicester.
Please note that all course prices exclude VAT.