Home > Web Business Courses
Getting Started with Google Analytics (1 day)
- Price : £175 + VAT
- Level : Introduction
- Version : Google Analytics
- Venue : City Centre, Nottingham
- Duration : 1 day
- Times : 9:30am - 4:30pm
This one day trainer-led course looks at Google's leading statistical package and gets you familiar with the day to day tasks involved in monitoring and maintaining your own website's performance.
|Getting Started with Google Analytics (1 day)A 1 day, Getting Started with Google Analytics training course hosted in Nottingham, East Midlands.EventScheduled£175Book Now2||8th July 2016||Nottingham, East Midlands, UK||1||0 left||finished|
|Getting Started with Google Analytics (1 day)A 1 day, Getting Started with Google Analytics training course hosted in Nottingham, East Midlands.EventScheduled£175Book Now3||7th October 2016||Nottingham, East Midlands, UK||1||0 left||finished|
|Getting Started with Google Analytics (1 day)A 1 day, Getting Started with Google Analytics training course hosted in Nottingham, East Midlands.EventScheduled£175Book Now0||24th March 2017||Nottingham, East Midlands, UK||1||0 left||finished|
|Getting Started with Google Analytics (1 day)A 1 day, Getting Started with Google Analytics training course hosted in Nottingham, East Midlands.EventScheduled£175Book Now2||19th May 2017||Nottingham, East Midlands, UK||1||0 left||finished|
This course includes
- 1 day trainer led in small groups (typical maximum 6)
- Your own printed course notes
- Professional environment with high spec computers
- Refreshments throughout the day
- Lunch provided
- Printed course certificate
- Post course support via email
Many major corporates out there no longer have management meetings, they now have Google Analytics meetings – the web is the most important part of their business and the pulse is measured using Google Analytics.
This Google Analytics training course is run with a very small group of businesses, which enables us to look at your individual account and provide professional help to the individual delegates. You will leave with endless practical suggestions for making the most of your Google Analytics stats.
- Getting everything set up correctly
- Ongoing management, what to measure and how to run reports
- Understand how to respond to the results
By the end of this Google Analytics course you will be able to:
- Confidently manage and report on Google Analytics stats
- Set up filters, funnels and goals
- Identify key elements to measure for your company
- Run reports and create custom reports
- Understand the data collected by Google Analytics
- Using data for troubleshooting issues on your website and for spotting new business opportunities
We recommend you already have your Google Analytics account set up and the tracker code installed on your website before coming on the course. We also recommend you bring your login with you so you can access your account during the session.
This course is aimed at businesses that are either new to Google Analytics or businesses with Analytics already set up but not really making the most of it.
A sweeping generalisation, but SMEs tend to fall into either "information overload" or "not making it much beyond the dashboard" when it comes to using Google Analytics, and unfortunately neither are helpful to a business. With this in mind we start the course by looking at the interface, dashboard and basic settings. We look at which screens are typically more important, and show you where and how to set up filters, funnels and goals to measure those all important conversion rates.
Once everything is set up, we get to the meaty bit of how to look at, and interpret the endless amount of statistics available. We will show which factors are important to look at, and more importantly, we will cover how you use the stats to identify issues with your website and how to correct them. We will also go through making the most of the built-in reports and how to create your own custom reports.
- Introduction to the dashboard and new interface
- How to set up filters to filter out internal users
- How to set up goals to measure conversion rate
- How to set up funnels to identify user behaviour
- Identify crucial elements to measure
- How to run reports and create new custom reports
- How to understand and analyse the data collected by Google Analytics
- How to use the data for troubleshooting issues on your website and for spotting new business opportunities
Throughout the day the course is very hands on, but particularly in the afternoon when delegates will have time to explore their own Analytics accounts with individual support from the trainer. At the end of the session you will leave with a range of practical ideas for making the most of your Google Analytics.
The course covers the following areas :
- Getting set up
- Analytics fundamentals
- Setting up filters
- Setting up goals and funnels
- Analysing the data
- Understanding the dashboard & interface
- Choosing the right measures
- Understanding & responding to stats
- Spotting new business opportunities
- Using reports
- Running reports
- Creating new custom reports
- Interpreting report data
"Knowledgable Google trainer and the opportunity to apply theory in a practical way during the course. We're now measuring our KPIs."- Stuart @ Brett Landscaping
"I found the course very useful and have been able to implement some of the ideas. It is a very useful tool to be able to analyse most of the marketing procedures in detail."- Carrie @ Streets Heaver
"It was informative, a good refresher, clear course materials, friendly trainer and the lunch voucher was a nice touch."- Neale @ EIBS Digital
Paul has been involved in Internet Marketing since 1999. He is a director of Optillion Limited an East Midlands based Internet Marketing and Search Engine Optimisation company dealing with a wide variety of clients from voluntary organisations to SMEs to multinational corporations.
Optillion run Adwords on a daily basis for 20+ clients from many Industry sectors and spend over £30,000/month on their behalf maximising ROI whilst imposing strict budgetary controls.
We will be logging into the Google Analytics accounts so please ensure you bring your logins with you.
No programming or design software will be used on this workshop but you may choose to use Microsoft Word for note taking during the session.
This Google Analytics course is run from our rooms at Cumberland House in Nottingham, located in the city's main commercial district. These are serviced by a state-of-the-art tram system allowing easy access to the city centre as well as direct hourly rail services from London, Liverpool, Manchester, Birmingham, Derby and Leicester.
Please note that all course prices exclude VAT.