Home > Web Business Courses
Google Analytics Intermediate (1 day)
- Price : £175 + VAT
- Level : Intermediate
- Version : Google Analytics
- Venue : City Centre, Nottingham
- Duration : 1 day
- Times : 9:30am - 4:30pm
This one day trainer-led intermediate course looks at the Google Analytics package and gets you familiar with additional reports and explores managing your accounts collaboratively with personalised tips for your business.
|Google Analytics Intermediate (1 day)A 1 day, Google Analytics Intermediate training course hosted in Nottingham, East Midlands.EventScheduled£175Book Now0||7th July 2017||Nottingham, East Midlands, UK||1||0 left||finished|
|Google Analytics Intermediate (1 day)A 1 day, Google Analytics Intermediate training course hosted in Nottingham, East Midlands.EventScheduled£175Book Now6||27th September 2017||Nottingham, East Midlands, UK||1||6 left||book now|
This course includes
- 1 day trainer led in small groups (typical maximum 6)
- Your own printed course notes
- Professional environment with high spec computers
- Refreshments throughout the day
- Lunch provided
- Printed course certificate
- Post course support via email
Once your Google Analytics account has been correctly set up, you've filtered out internal traffic and are confidently tracking conversions, our one day intermediate course introduces you to more of the standard reports, explores further options to manage your Analytics accounts collaboratively and outlines some tips to spotting positive opportunities for your business.
This Google Analytics training course is run with a small group of businesses, which enables us to look at your individual account and provide professional help to the individual delegates. You will leave with practical suggestions for making the most of your Google Analytics reports.
- Digging deeper into filtered data
- Highlights of some of the standard reports
- Understand how to respond to the results
By the end of this intermediate level Google Analytics course you will be able to:
- Confidently manage and report on Google Analytics metrics
- Use the power of Segments to 'drill down' to Analytics gold
- Learn how to track off-site marketing efforts
- Set up custom dashboards and share data collaboratively
- The use of Analytics data for troubleshooting issues with your website
- Gain tips on spotting new business opportunities
We would expect delegates to this course to already have their Google Analytics account set up and the tracker code installed on their website, with internal traffic filtered and events and goals set up and be tracking conversions with confidence. This course is a natural progression to our Introduction to Google Analytics course where all of the above will have been covered, but the introduction course is not a pre-requisite by any means.
We are aware that Google is increasingly using two-step verification to protect access to your account when logging in at an unfamiliar IP address. Please find out whose telephone will receive the SMS with the security PIN, forewarn them of your course attendance and bring their telephone number with you.
This course is aimed at businesses with Google Analytics already correctly set up but who need a closer look at the metrics provided in order to understand how to drive their business forward.
Having covered the basic setup, this intermediate course drills down through the Google Analytics metrics to provide businesses with the ability to make the most of this sophisticated and flexible marketing tool. By defining the positive marketing channels, most effective events and goals and dividing the data into usable segments, we can help you discover your ideal visitor and suggest ways to increase their number. Add the fact that Analytics has sophisticated tools that we can use to share this data throughout your business and the recipe for success is complete.
Once everything is set up, we get to the meaty bit of how to look at, and interpret some of the more interesting standard reports. We will show which factors are important to look at, and more importantly, we will cover how you use the stats to identify issues with your website and how to correct them. We will focus on marketing channels and which are better at bringing your business success. We will also go through making the most of the built-in reports and how to create your own custom dashboards.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Define your visitors by marketing channel and learn where your budget is best spent
- Use segments to focus down onto your most successful visitors
- Explore ways of increasing the number of this most successful group
- Improve page speed and other aspects of SEO
- Look at problem content and how to change it with Experiments
- Produce pages with 'sticky' content that convert really well
- Resolve the question of attribution and which channel gets the glory
Throughout the day the course is very hands on, but especially in the afternoon when delegates will have time to explore their own Analytics accounts with individual support from the trainer. At the end of the session you will leave with practical ideas for making the most of your Google Analytics.
The course covers the following areas :
- Getting set up
- Measuring off-site events and campaign tracking
- Setting up segments to further enhance the granularity of your data
- Demographic and Interest reports
- Analysing the data
- Understanding conversions, assisted conversions and attribution
- Engagement with your pages, bounce rate and average time on page
- Understanding and responding to the statistics
- Using reports
- How to save, download and e-mail reports and share your views with colleagues
- Using Custom Dashboards, Widgets and setting up custom alerts
- Integrating with Google Adwords and Search Console
"Knowledgable Google trainer and the opportunity to apply theory in a practical way during the course. We're now measuring our KPIs."- Stuart @ Brett Landscaping
"It was informative, a good refresher, clear course materials, friendly trainer and the lunch voucher was a nice touch."- Neale @ EIBS Digital
"I found the course very useful and have been able to implement some of the ideas. It is a very useful tool to be able to analyse most of the marketing procedures in detail."- Carrie @ Streets Heaver
Paul has been involved in Internet Marketing since 1999. He is a director of Optillion Limited an East Midlands based Internet Marketing and Search Engine Optimisation company dealing with a wide variety of clients from voluntary organisations to SMEs to multinational corporations.
Optillion run Adwords on a daily basis for 20+ clients from many Industry sectors and spend over £30,000/month on their behalf maximising ROI whilst imposing strict budgetary controls.
We will be logging into the Google Analytics accounts so please ensure you bring your logins with you.
No programming or design software will be used on this workshop but you may choose to use Microsoft Word for note taking during the session.
This Google Analytics Intermediate course is run from our rooms at Cumberland House in Nottingham, located in the city's main commercial district. These are serviced by a state-of-the-art tram system allowing easy access to the city centre as well as direct hourly rail services from London, Liverpool, Manchester, Birmingham, Derby and Leicester.
Please note that all course prices exclude VAT.