Home > Web Business Courses
Google Analytics Advanced - Digital Analytics (1 day)
- Price : £245 + VAT
- Level : Intermediate
- Version : Google Analytics
- Venue : Jubilee Campus, Nottingham
- Duration : 1 day
- Times : 9:30am - 4:30pm
This one day trainer-led course looks at Google's leading statistical package and gets you familiar with the day to day tasks involved in monitoring and maintaining your own website's performance.
|Google Analytics - Advanced (1 day)A 1 day, Google Analytics - Advanced training course hosted in Nottingham, East Midlands.EventScheduled£195Book Now0||28th October 2016||Nottingham, East Midlands, UK||1||0 left||finished|
|Google Analytics - Advanced (1 day)A 1 day, Google Analytics - Advanced training course hosted in Nottingham, East Midlands.EventScheduled£195Book Now3||14th August 2017||Nottingham, East Midlands, UK||1||0 left||finished|
|Google Analytics - Advanced (1 day)A 1 day, Google Analytics - Advanced training course hosted in Nottingham, East Midlands.EventScheduled£195Book Now0||21st March 2018||Nottingham, East Midlands, UK||1||0 left||finished|
|Google Analytics - Advanced (1 day)A 1 day, Google Analytics - Advanced training course hosted in Nottingham, East Midlands.EventScheduled£245Book Now6||15th July 2019||Nottingham, East Midlands, UK||1||6 left||book now|
This course includes
- 1 day trainer led in small groups (typical maximum 6)
- Your own printed course notes
- Professional environment with high spec computers
- Refreshments throughout the day
- Lunch provided
- Printed course certificate
- Post course support via email
Whilst our Introduction course provides a sound basis for setting up Google Analytics and running standard reports, the Advanced course teaches you how to use Google Analytics as a tool to drive your business forward.
You may be happily running Google Analytics reports, but are you ready to take it to the next stage by turning this sophisticated reporting tool into one that can help you plan the route to business success?
This one day course will explain how to move on with Google Analytics and how it can help you maximise your business goal performance in the many and varied channels of today’s online environment.
- An introduction to the concept of Digital Analytics
- How to produce a Measurement planning exercise and set important KPIs
- Setting up your Analytics environment to report on KPI success
By the end of this Google Analytics course you will be able to:
- Manage and implement a business measurement plan
- Report on KPIs and react to improve website performance
- Set up custom marketing channels – social media, email marketing etc.
- Identify road blocks that hinder goal completion
- Compare different landing pages to improve conversion rates
- React to the rise of mobile traffic
Delegates for this course will typically have their Google Analytics installation well set up with Google AdWords (if applicable) and Google Search Console already integrated (don’t worry if you haven’t – we will teach you how to do this during the course). Students will be happy running the standard reports and have filters, funnels and goals already set up (as well as conversion tracking and ecommerce integration if applicable).
This course is aimed at business owners and managers that are ready to embrace the brave new world of Digital Analytics.
Digital Analytics is based upon the premise that, with the huge rise in online devices, customers can interact with your website through an enormous range of devices: PCs/laptops, tablets, mobile phones, televisions, gaming consoles, POS tills and even your fridge!
At the same time, your potential customers’ online worlds are filled with their happy presence on social media sites, mobile phone apps, blogs, web pages, eBay, email accounts and search engine results.
This course will teach you how to weave these myriad custom channels into a coherent online marketing plan that reflects your business’s overall goals and KPIs. Being able to compare the conversion rate of different channels is key to making it easier for your visitors to complete the micro goals on the route to success.
Such a comprehensive marketing strategy is rarely the province of one person and we explore how to involve your co-workers with custom dashboards and reports tailored to sales teams, financial departments and technical staff, matching the constituent parts of your business.
- Introducing the concept of Digital Analytics
- Defining Business Goals and creating an implementation plan
- How to set up goals, properties, views and filters to reflect your business
- Measuring KPIs through the standard reports
- Creating tracking code for events and custom campaigns
- Custom widgets and dashboards to share with co-workers
- Important choices about Goal attribution – which channel gets the glory?
- How to run reports and create new custom reports
- How to use Analytics to improve the conversion rates of your website pages
- How to use the data for troubleshooting issues on your website and for spotting new business opportunities
Throughout the day the course is very hands on with practical exercises to complete, particularly in the afternoon when delegates will have time to explore their own Analytics accounts with individual support from the trainer. At the end of the session you will leave with a range of practical ideas for making the most of your Google Analytics.
The course covers the following areas :
- Planning for Success
- Defining business measurement plan
- Defining business goals and KPIs
- Understanding the technical environment
- Collecting the right data
- Setting up filters, goals and funnels
- Segmenting the data for tracking
- Adding campaign tracking to traffic sources
- Tracking events, video, downloads, PDFs etc.
- Analysing the data
- Setting up dashboards and alerts
- Working collaboratively with co-workers
- Interpreting report data
Paul has been involved in Internet Marketing since 1999. He is a director of Optillion Limited an East Midlands based Internet Marketing and Search Engine Optimisation company dealing with a wide variety of clients from voluntary organisations to SMEs to multinational corporations.
Optillion run Adwords on a daily basis for 20+ clients from many Industry sectors and spend over £30,000/month on their behalf maximising ROI whilst imposing strict budgetary controls.
We will be logging into the Google Analytics accounts so please ensure you bring your logins with you.
No programming or design software will be used on this workshop but you may choose to use Microsoft Word for note taking during the session.
This Google Analytics Advanced course is run from our rooms on Jubilee Campus in Nottingham, which is part of the University of Nottingham's Innovation Park. These are serviced by a state-of-the-art tram system allowing easy access to the city centre as well as direct hourly rail services from London, Liverpool, Manchester, Birmingham, Derby and Leicester.
Please note that all course prices exclude VAT.